State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Postby Voice From Limbo » Fri May 18, 2018 5:12 pm

So she thinks the protesters at Kent State should have been armed, and engaged in a firefight with the National Guard?

Yeah, that would have gone better.
Voice From Limbo

Postby Macunaima » Fri May 18, 2018 5:35 pm

Regarding the Santa Fe shootings, does anyone know where Hispanic Danny is this morning?
Macunaima

Postby Cynical guest » Fri May 18, 2018 5:45 pm

Voice From Limbo wrote:So she thinks the protesters at Kent State should have been armed, and engaged in a firefight with the National Guard?

Yeah, that would have gone better.

CSN&Y would have been able to sing forty dead in Ohio.

That's one of my problems with the American 'gunz save us from the tyranny of the gubbermint' argument. Ultimately it becomes 'gunz won't save us from the tyranny of the gubbermint, but by fuck the bodycount on both sides will be higher'. Which when you you think about it defies any logic other than 'I'll try and kill more of you before you kill me. Ha, I win!', and that seems rather childish and self-defeating by definition.

Never mind, I'm sure the NRA are creaming their pants at their new poster child.
Cynical guest

Postby Cunts » Fri May 18, 2018 5:54 pm

Nobody actually believes that guns will save themselves from tyranny.

Any tyranny in the world has succeeded because of a sufficient popular support.

The military could go door to door confiscating firearms, as long as they only did it to non-whites and the media would support it.
Cunts

Postby Cunts » Fri May 18, 2018 6:09 pm

In a surprise twist, the farm-bill was shot down because it wasn't shit enough for the hardline fringe.
Cunts

Postby Guest » Fri May 18, 2018 6:52 pm

She chose the AR-10 because it matched her dress. I like her.

Postby Guest » Fri May 18, 2018 7:30 pm

In what way is having the freedom to shoot up a school/s protecting yourself from tyrannical government?

Any Americans care to explain?

Postby Cynical guest » Fri May 18, 2018 7:39 pm

Cunts wrote:Nobody actually believes that guns will save themselves from tyranny.

Americans seem to.
Cynical guest

Postby kyotebue2 » Fri May 18, 2018 8:41 pm

Fuck.
kyotebue2

Postby Macunaima » Fri May 18, 2018 8:45 pm

Here's what I more and more convinced of.

American rhetoric about needing guns to protect themselves from tyranny or thugs is actually a fairly sophisticated psychological dodge. It is VANISHINGLY rare for one to find a gunnut who as axctually ever used his gun to protect anything, but to hear them talk about, they are our only line of defense against mass chaos.

What this really hides, however, is a desire to see black and brown people killing each other en masse. Gun laws historically exist in order to keep stupid assholes from blowing away other folks. Populations that are under massive stresses, of course, create more stressed out stupid assholes. All this pro-gun yahooery is simply, baseline, in favor of maintaining gun pipelines from suburbia to those stressed out communities, where there really is no policing in any meaningful sense, and the gun violence is almost non stop.

Mr. Smug Fatass of the Dallas Fatasses knows full well he'll never be called upon to defend anything. But his gun is a much needed pacifier and the lack of gun laws promotes in America's poorest and most fucked up communities and this makes Mr. Fatass kvell.
Macunaima

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot